Daddy isn’t a dirty word…
Sometimes it seems that Daddies are perceived as weak or “Dominant Lite” and that being a Daddy is a bad thing. I believe that it takes more to be a Daddy than a traditional Dominant. Daddies have to not only be able be a genuine Daddy but they have to be balance, learn, be strong, not take, not demand, and take genuine pride in themselves as well as their girl.
Anyway, here is my ‘little ditty’ on why Daddy is NOT a dirty word:
- Daddy doesn’t mean weak. Daddy must be strong for his girl for there are times she can not be for herself.
- Daddy isn’t always strong. There are times when life may weaken him, however his girl will be there to make him whole again.
- Daddy doesn’t mean sugar. Daddy is not a human ATM to take his girl shopping, pay her rent, or buy her a car. Daddy treats his girl like a princess but there is a difference between princess and spoiled brat. The things Daddy gives his girl are more valuable than all the money in the world. Love, support, caring, and happiness can never be purchased.
- Daddy doesn’t mean slob. Daddy takes pride in himself and what he has. Daddy isn’t perfect but he has to take care of/have pride in himself and what he has. How can Daddy take care of his girl if he can not take care of his own world?
- Daddy doesn’t mean sadist. While Daddy may have a “mean streak”, when he is in Daddy mode, the mean streak is put away.
- Daddy doesn’t take. Daddy gives himself to his girl. Daddy understands that his girl’s needs come first. Daddy takes good care of her, she will do the same for him.
- Daddy doesn’t demand. Daddy provides structure, rules, and rewards but refrains from making demands. Daddy knows that his little is going to always try her best to meet Daddy’s expectations.
- Daddy doesn’t mean know it all. Daddy doesn’t know everything and he must constantly learn about his girl by listening, watching, and talking to her. Because Daddy has learned and is always learning more about her, Daddy can give her the tools and guidance to succeed.
- Daddy doesn’t mean perfect. Daddy just like everyone is flawed. He makes mistakes but he learns from them. Together he and his girl form a perfectly imperfect union of souls.
- Daddy doesn’t mean unbalanced. Daddy knows his girl isn’t Daddy’s girl all the time and Daddy must be able to balance being her Dominant, Boyfriend/Husband, and what ever other roles he has in her life.
- Daddy doesn’t mean vindictive. Daddy knows his girl will make mistakes but Daddy corrects the mistakes and moves forward. Daddy never holds the past over her. Daddy is forgiving.
- Daddy doesn’t use sex. While Daddy finds intimacy amazing, Daddy isn’t looking for a fling. Daddy needs the emotional bonds between him and his girl which build to include intimacy but Daddy never uses his position to purse a purely sexual relationship.
- Daddy has experienced good and bad in life. Just like his girl. Together they work through each’s “mental baggage” making both stronger people and the relationship deeper and more powerful.
There are some things here i feel iffy on, especially around my own guilt that D has to give so much to me emotionally, but overall there’s some important stuff.
(also, personally, i’m okay with sadism as part of my daddy ;) )